The Audubon Society of Greater Cleveland’s Education Center is located at 382 Townline Road, Aurora, Ohio. The Center is situated in our Blanche Kathryn Novak Sanctuary
When Bill Novak gifted his farm to ASGC, it came with a home and what was called a carriage house just across from the home on Townline Rd. It was built in 1881 as a blacksmith shop and horse stable. ASGC Trustees soon had thoughts of turning this building into a place where educational programs and meetings could be held.
By 2004 these thoughts had matured and we had an architect, plans and cost estimates in hand. We set out to raise $250,000. After many one-on-one meetings with prospective donors, grant applications and a membership fund raising drive, we met our goal with a bit to spare.